Spring into Variety at Pasta Pantry
Get Past-a Winter and Step into Spring!
Spring is a time of new beginnings – a time to dust off the drabness of winter and re-energize with the freshness of the new season. With Spring comes variety, from the activities we dive into to the new colour palette that surrounds us. At Pasta Pantry variety is something we are very keen on – in general, pasta is no stranger to variety! Did you know that there are over 600 different shapes of pasta made throughout the world?
We’ve shown you our variety of fresh pastas prepared in our kitchen daily and the different delicious homemade sauces we encourage you to pair with, but these ingredients are really just the start of your kitchen adventure! Get adventurous with veggies, explore unique and healthy proteins and, of course, don’t forget the cheese! Whatever shape or flavour you prefer, pasta always provides a healthy addition to your diet.
But why should you add more pasta to your meals? Here are a few reasons why we can’t get enough of this Italian staple:
- Pasta is fat free, cholesterol free, and is low in sodium.
- Enriched pasta is fortified with folic acid and is a good source of iron and several B vitamins.
- Pasta has a low glycemic index and does not cause blood glucose levels to rise quickly.
- If you want to sustain energy, pasta is a great dietary source of complex carbohydrates
- Current dietary guidelines suggest that 65% of daily calories should come from carbohydrates
If you’re thinking about making some positive changes in terms of healthy eating, top your plate with some pasta! Your taste buds will love it and you’ll also get an extra pep in your step just in time for spring! For more from Pasta Pantry, make sure you’re following us on Facebook and Twitter. We’ll be sharing all kinds of pasta-related news from our trattoria!