Who else is excited for spring? Although we can’t wait for the warmer weather, the change of the season also comes with an unattended consequence: getting sick! The last thing we would ever want you to feel is have a sore throat or a stuffy nose. That’s why we’re excited to tell you all about how you can stay healthy when eating at Pasta Pantry. If you haven’t tried our Tomato Vegetable sauce, we encourage you to add it to your next pasta dish!
When it comes to our Vegetable Tomato sauce, we don’t hold back. We use only the best vegetables possible, including celery, carrots, onions, garlic, red and green bell peppers, zucchini, and of course, tomatoes. But why do we use all of these ingredients? Besides being tasty, these vegetables provide a wide spectrum of health benefits.
- Celery is high in Vitamin K, which promotes healthy bones and reduces the risk of heart disease. It is also a fantastic source of folate, potassium, and Vitamin C.
- Carrots are good for more than just your eyes. They also are linked to a strong and healthy immune system thanks to the amount of Vitamin A packed within them. But don’t snack on too many carrots–because they contain carotene, a pigment that’s also found in pumpkins and sweet potatoes, having too much of it in your diet will cause your skin to turn orange!
- Besides being essential for Italian cooking, onions are a nutritional powerhouse. Packed with biotin, a vitamin linked to healthy skin, nails, and hair, onions also contain manganese, vitamin B6, and copper; these three essential minerals and vitamins help with controlling blood sugar, producing energy for the body, and reducing cholesterol, respectively.
- Don’t worry, there’s no way we would leave garlic off of this list! This plant in the onion family has long been the go-to cure for any sickness thanks to its anti-microbial properties. Researchers have also linked garlic to decreased levels of Alzheimer’s and dementia thanks to its antioxidants. To learn more about garlic, check out this post!
- Red and green bell peppers not only add some colour to your plate, but they also come bearing Vitamin C and fibre, the latter of which is crucial for digestion.
- Zucchini lovers rejoice! This vegetable is full of magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus and has been linked to protection against many infections and diseases.
- And while they’re not featured in the picture ( photographing all of these vegetables is no easy task), we also add a ton of tomatoes to our sauce! Tomatoes are not only the cornerstone of every good sauce, but they’re also beneficial for heart, eye and kidney health.
Although seeing it online is great, the only way to truly experience our Tomato Vegetable sauce is to add it with the pasta of your choice at Pasta Pantry! Whether you’re coming to celebrate with the family or you just want a quick bite, we would love it if you came by to our restaurant. Also, make sure you never miss anything Pasta Pantry related by following us on Facebook and Twitter!